Tips for Making Colors Last
October 29 2019
Beautiful hair color is the perfect way to transform any hair, but are you getting the most out of your dye. There’s nothing worse than when locks lose their color too soon and it quickly turn gorgeous hair into a tired, faded look. Protecting the appearance and investment of your color-treated hair should be one of your top priorities when it comes to hair care. After you have your hair freshly colored, follow a few easy steps to make sure it keeps its right tone for longer.
- When it comes time to dry let the air take care of your home instead of a dryer. The heat in a hairdryer leeches color out of hair fast so you are better off avoiding it whenever possible.
- Get the right shampoo. You’re wasting a major opportunity to protect your color if you aren’t using the best product. Stock your shower with color-protecting shampoo and conditioner for washing that only leaves hair clean, but bright too.
- Speaking of shampooing, wait 72 hours before washing your hair. That way the color has a chance to fully set all the way through the hair.
- Apply treatments designed to shield hair color from the effects of fading. Certain shades require extra care and sealing the tone under an enriching treatment is an easy way to lock in color.
- If you’ve got a brighter color like pink, blue, or purple add a little of the dye to your shampoo. Each was refreshing color extended the tone for longer.
Long-lasting color starts with a skilled stylist and exceptional hair color. Make an appointment at Ellie K Salon and get a new hair color you’ll want to show off. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Amazon and Google apps.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities