The Right Tool for the Job- Heat Styling Tools Explained
March 15 2021
We all want the perfect hairstyle, but some of us have more trouble attaining it than others. Does that mean we are destined to have bad hair days forever? No, not at all. To get that picture-perfect style you need four things- the right skills, the right haircut, the right products, and the right styling tools. And just like baking a cake, if you leave out one ingredient in the recipe, the hairstyle will flop. Today we will look at the three main heat styling tools and what they are designed to do so that you can be sure you’re reaching for the right one to get the results that you want.
Unless you have time to air dry, chances are that this is the first tool you reach for, so be sure to invest in a good one. Cheap hair dryers rely on high heat to dry your hair fast, which leaves your cuticles rough and your strands parched and prone to frizz and flyaways. Invest in an ionic, ceramic, or tourmaline hair dryer that uses some combination of negatively charged ions and gentler infrared heat to dry your hair faster, with less heat, and without robbing your hair of internal moisture. And if you’re going for a curly style, you’ll want a good diffuser as well. A hairdryer upgrade can sometimes be the key to great hair days.
Have you ever tried to straighten your hair with a curling iron? While it may take out some of the kinks, it's always going to leave some amount of wave or curl. It’s simply not possible to get a perfectly straight style with a round barrel. A good hairdryer and styling brush can give you a pretty straight style, you’ll need a flat iron that has two heated flat metal plates to perfectly smooth your strands. Again, quality can affect the outcome, so don’t just grab the cheapest one you can find. Ceramic and tourmaline flat irons give the best results and boost your shine.
While you can create some bends and waves with a flat iron, you’ll never achieve the perfect spirals a curling iron can give. Depending on the size of the barrel and how you use it, a curling iron can create volume only, waves, loose curls, or tight ringlets. The larger the barrel the looser the curl. It’s a good idea to have several sizes on hand to create different looks.
The amazing stylists at Ellie K Salon would love to help you create your perfect hairstyle and help you choose the correct tools for better results at home. Give us a call today at 469-476-2400 or use our online booking service to schedule an appointment today. Download our free Google app to manage appointments on the go. We’ll see you soon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034.
- Gorgeous Hair Color Trends for Spring
- The Right Tool for the Job- Heat Styling Tools Explained
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities