Super-Cute Braid Ideas
April 29 2020
Braids have a long history of bringing gorgeous looks to your hair. We’ve been in love with these weaving designs for hundreds of years and it shows in many different ways you can fashion your hair with braids. There’s the simple version most learned as kids and it only goes from there with intricate, beautiful braids that are harder to pull off. No matter your braiding ability, we know there’s a style out there for you, so we put together some of our top looks. Get some inspiration for your hair and then make sure to get braiding.
Plaited Bun - Up your bun game by working in some twists to this usually straightforward style. Create a normal braid or one with more detail and wrap it until a low bun. That way you can transform a common hairdo with a hint of detail. You can even do braids along the sides or a dutch braid (the opposite of the French version) for a more elegant look.
Headband Braid - Channel your inner renaissance goddess and weave a braid around your crown. Start with thick or smaller braids on each side of your head — your choice — and pin it around your crown. The results are a natural headband of richly plaited hair, that invokes some of the everlasting styles from the past.
Fishtail - This one looks super complicated, but we promise it’s actually really easy. Start with two sections, the same in size, then bring each section to the other side, going back and forth. Just make sure you’re grabbing outside hair from the sections. Keep going down and in time you’ll have an enviable fishtail braid.
Ponytail Braid - There are many ways to do a ponytail braid but channel your inner Viking warrior with a powerful center, or a mohawk, braid falling into a ponytail or smaller braids. If that’s not your style you can also do a chic braid in a breeze. Use the basic weave in thicker sections and place the base higher up on your head for a flattering high ponytail plait. It creates instant glam without much work.
While you practice your own braiding at home our stylists at Ellie K Salon will be here for all things hair you need for fabulous locks. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through the Google app.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities