Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
May 15 2020
Summer is soon, and it’s time for a check-in on the latest hair trends. Look forward to low maintenance styles and adventurous colors this summer. No matter what direction you want to take your tresses in for the summer, here are all the trends you can expect.
Being stuck in the middle of growing out a pixie isn’t the style wasteland some make it out to be. This summer the undone pixie trend makes use of that awkward time and turns mid-length hair into a fun, flirty short style. Unlike longer tresses, a shaggy pixie air dries quickly and isn’t a hassle to style, making it perfect for easy summer days. With this tousled, textured look, your locks will be cool and stylish all summer long
So many of the season’s trends are about making chic simple. All through summer, you’ll see that embodied through messy updos. Who can resist the chance to keep your hair out of your face and still look refined? Gather up your hair into a loose ponytail or bun and have a cute style with just a few minutes of effort. Once you’ve got your hair tie in, pull out some well-placed strands to add some polish so it doesn’t appear too messy.
Everyone loves the summer sunshine so much it’s no surprise we want some for ourselves, even in our hair. This season, you can expect to see glossy locks on just about everyone. Luckily, there are also a few different ways you can wear this trend, whether you only want a light shine or to really glisten. One way to shine is by adding oil for a quick glossy finish, but if you want that “sun on the water” sign, grab some gel to craft a wet look.
Let us introduce you to a playful trend for the summer season. The ropetail reinvents the basic ponytail and literally gives it a new twist. First, put your hair up in a normal pony, then split it into two sections. After that, twist the sections together so they look like a rope. Tie off the end and ta-da! You’ve made yourself a rope tail. If you want to step it up though, swap out pigtails for ropes.
Bold, contrasting chunks of hair have been showing up in a lot of women’s tresses, and you can expect the trend to last all summer. The funk retro look was inspired by the 90s’, but it’s exactly the kind of fun color choice-making hair feel fresh this season. Stack a dark shade under a light color or highlight your face with framing platinum pieces. Any way you decide to try the two-tone trend, you’ll be on trend this summer.
At Ellie K Salon, we’ll help you rock the freshest, hottest hair trends all summer long. Book an appointment with our stylists to discuss ideas and get your tresses ready for the season. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Google app.
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities