Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
February 15 2021
We are nearing the end of winter, but those cold days and dry air are not quite behind us yet. This means that staticky hair is still a problem. If it seems like no matter what you do your hair is glued to your face or standing on end when you come inside and take off your hat or scarf, we have some simple solutions to share with you that will reduce or eliminate your frustration with static electricity in your hair. Let’s start with hair care.
Moisturize Your Hair
Winter weather calls for extra moisture for your hair. Dry hair is more prone to static. By using an ultra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and adding in weekly deep conditioning treatments you can lock the moisture in to help keep static at bay. If your hair is very dry you might also need a leave-in conditioner to stave off dryness. Alcohol is very drying, so make sure all of your hair care products are alcohol free.
Going out into blustery winds with wet hair is not a good idea, but it’s very important not to overdry your hair. Running the hair dryer until your strands are bone dry is a sure fire recipe for static. Whenever possible, wash your hair the night before and allow your hair to air dry. If you must blow dry, stop when your hair is still slightly damp, spritz on a light mist of conditioning spray, and allow your hair to dry naturally the rest of the way.
Switch to Natural Materials
Synthetic materials rubbing against your hair builds up a static charge, much like rubbing a balloon on your head to make it stick to the wall. Natural materials such as boar bristle brushes, metal or wooden combs, and cotton, silk or wool hats and scarves don’t build up an electrical charge as easily. Some swear by spraying hair brushes and hats with a static guard laundry spray for an extra layer of protection.
Keep Anti-Static Products On Hand
Static always seems to strike the worst when you’re unprepared on the go. Stash some anti-frizz sheets in coat pockets, in your purse and gym bag, in the car and in your desk at the office. They’ll help diffuse the static when it strikes unexpectedly. Anti-static hair spray is also great to have on hand.
The team at Ellie K Salon take pride in helping you to always look your best. Give us a call today at 469-476-2400 to schedule an appointment for a cut and style, color, or blow out and then use these tips to keep it looking great, without the static flyaways.If you prefer you can use our online booking service. Download our free Google app to manage appointments on the go. We’ll see you soon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034.
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities