Protecting Hair for Winter
October 13 2019
Winter is full of woes for hair. The dry air and cold temperatures can destroy your tresses if you don’t take the right steps to keep it healthy. As the air cools it can leave hair dry and frizzy, ruining your style. But, you can banish breakage and split ends this season and safeguard all of your strands from the harsh weather. All it takes is a few easy steps and your mane will be ready for anything winter has in store.
- Stay away from the shower more. A steamy shower is so tempting on a chilly winter day, but overwashing sucks nutrients and oils out of already stressed hair. Shampooing frequently dries out your scalp as well, leaving it itchy and flaky A trusty dry shampoo helps hair looking fresh and also helps perk up hat hair. Though, make sure the water isn’t too hot when you shower or else your mane will look dull and flat.
- Heating tools will only exacerbate damage so try to use them as little as possible. Winter leaves your hair dry and using heat to style steals much-needed moisture from strands. Protection products can stop high heat from wreaking havoc on your hair.
- The cold conditions coupled with all the hats, hoodies, and more we wear to stay warm tend to leave hair frizzy and out of control. When you find your locks shocking in a bad, simply run a dryer sheet of the top your hair to quickly deal with static frizz. If you want a more long-term solution there are treatments and leave in conditioners that deal with frizz at the source.
Book your appointment now at Ellie K Salon and be sure to protect your gorgeous hair all winter long. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Amazon and Google apps.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities