Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
April 14 2019
When you spend all the time and money getting your hair beautifully colored, you want it to last! The steps taken between salon visits are important in keeping your color vibrant and your hair shiny and healthy looking until your next appointment. Here’s some tips from the pros to keep your hair color looking like you just stepped out of the salon.
Delay Shampooing. Your stylist should give you a time as to when you should next shampoo your hair after coloring. Take her advice and wait until she tells you. Sometimes it can be a full 72 hours, depending on the hair type and product used, but it matters! The outer layer of each strand is opened in the coloring process to absorb the color, and it needs time to fully close and seal in the color.
Shampoo less frequently. When you do start shampooing again, make it less often. Most people wash their hair too frequently and it strips out the natural oils in the hair. This causes the color to fade. Washing 2-3 times a week is a good rule to go by. Your stylist can show you a good dry shampoo to keep it fresh in between if you feel you need it.
Use professional products. Use sulfate-free products recommended by your stylist. Sulfates are detergents so they can strip your hair of its natural oils ... and its new color. Make sure the products you use are safe for color-treated hair.
Turn down the heat. Heat can damage your hair which risks losing some of the color as well. Rinse your hair in warm, not hot, water and avoid heated styling tools as much as possible. When washing your hair, wash in warm water but use cooler water to rinse out the conditioner to seal in the moisture and protect your color. Use a high-quality heat protectant cream or spray if you have to use the styling tools.
Deep condition. There are many deep conditioning treatments that can give your color-treated hair extra protection from the elements. Ask about products to use both at home and deep conditioning treatments that Ellie K offers to protect your color.
Let Ellie K Salon show you how to protect your investment in your stunning new hair color and keep it looking great for a long time.Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or visit our location at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also book online at your convenience
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities