Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
October 31 2020
We all know how important it is to use the right hair care products and keep up with regular trims to keep our tresses looking their best. But there is one area of hair care that is often completely overlooked. Beautifully healthy hair starts from the inside, which is why nutrition is truly the key to gorgeous hair.
Protein and Biotin
Proteins are the building blocks of healthy hair. Without enough protein, in your diet, your hair will be slow to grow and become thinner over time. Protein deficiency is a leading cause of hair loss. Together with biotin, and an adequate intake of protein, it will promote healthy hair growth. Meat, beans, soy, dairy, and eggs are all excellent sources of protein and eggs are also one of the best sources of biotin.
Essential Fatty Acids
While the name may not sound very appealing, essential fatty acids really are essential to healthy hair. They nourish your hair follicles to promote hair growth and provide the nutrients necessary to keep your hair moisturized. Omega 3s are particularly beneficial to your hair. These can be found in abundance in foods such as fish and seafood, nuts and seeds, and plant oils such as flax and canola.
Vitamins C and E
Nuts, sweet peppers, and berries are excellent snacks to promote a healthy head of hair. These foods contain antioxidant vitamins C and E which help to fight damage from free radicals in the environment. Vitamin C is also involved in the production of collagen to help strengthen hair.
Have you ever thought of carrots or sweet potatoes as being good for your hair? Well, they are! These foods are rich in vitamin A which helps keep your natural oil production going to prevent dry scalp and protect your hair. In the mood for something green? Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin A.
Good Ole H2O
Water is needed for every single bodily function. This includes hair growth. If you’re dehydrated your body will conserve water by slowing hair growth. Be sure you’re taking in at least 8 glasses of water per day to stay well hydrated and keep your hair growing and healthy.
If your hair is in need of a reset, allow the stylists at Ellie K Salon to cut away any dry and damaged ends to create a fresh healthy looking style. Moving forward you can help keep your hair looking its best by giving it the nutrition it needs. You’ll find us at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. Give us a call today at 469-476-2400 to schedule an appointment or use our online booking service. You can also use our free Google app to manage appointments from your phone
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities