Hair Care Tips for Gorgeous Summer Hair
May 29 2021
Summer is a time for fun in the sun. We know that excessive sun exposure can damage your skin, but did you know it can also damage your hair? Swimming can also cause stress to your tresses from pool chemicals and saltwater. As summer passes your shiny strands can become dull and fried, color-treated hair can fade and turn brassy or green, and smooth sleek locks can become parched and frizzy. But summer doesn’t have to lead to lackluster hair. With a few tips from the pros, you can have healthy, gorgeous summer hair.
Start With a Trim
The healthier your hair is at the start of the season, the easier it will be to keep it healthy. So be sure to start summer off with a trip to the salon to trim away any leftover damage from winter and clean up split ends.
As you slather on the sunscreen don’t forget to protect your hair as well. There are products that contain UV filters that are specially formulated for your hair to protect your strands from sun damage. For extended time outdoors consider wearing a wide-brimmed hat to even greater protection.
Before Swimming Saturate Your Strands
Your hair can’t absorb as much pool or saltwater if it’s already saturated with a leave-in conditioner before you jump in. To further lessen swimming damage be sure to rinse well with cool clean water after taking a dip.
Change Your Hair Care Products and Routine
To keep hair clean and sweat-free you’ll likely be washing your mane more often through the summer months. To deal with all the grime without stripping your hair be sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. A clarifying shampoo once a week will help keep your strands free of product and chemical buildup, and weekly deep conditioning treatment will help keep tresses soft and manageable.
Turn Off the Heat
Heat styling regularly is harsh on your hair. To give your hair a break try using a no-heat styling method, such as braiding damp hair before bed, at least a few times per week. When you must use heat styling tools, use the lowest heat setting possible and use a thermal protectant spray to minimize damage.
Come see the hair care experts at Ellie K Salon for a trim to get summer off to a healthy start and follow these tips to help keep your hair looking great all season long. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or use our online booking service to reserve your appointment today. Manage appointments easily on the go with our free Google app. We look forward to seeing you soon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 in Frisco, TX.
- Hottest Short Styles for Summer
- Hair Care Tips for Gorgeous Summer Hair
- Add Personality to Your Style With These Cute Fringed Cuts
- 4 Expert Tips for Gorgeous Red Strands
- Benefits of Glazing Your Hair
- Gorgeous Hair Color Trends for Spring
- The Right Tool for the Job- Heat Styling Tools Explained
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities