Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
December 31 2020
The start of a new year means a chance for a fresh start, a chance to make better choices, a chance to take better care of yourself than the year before. And after the year we’ve all just come through, we all deserve something better. Not sure where to start with your New Year’s resolutions? Why not start with your hair care routine? Add these hair care tips to your resolutions list to help you to have healthier, shinier, more beautiful hair in 2021.
Take Cooler Showers
A steamy hot shower may feel wonderful for sore achy muscles at the end of the day, but the heat can wreak havoc on your mane. Hot water opens the cuticle of your hair allowing moisture to escape and promoting frizz and flyaways. Washing your hair with cooler water will help prevent the stripping of natural oils and moisture loss as well as seal your cuticle for smoother shinier hair.
Deep Condition Regularly
Regular deep conditioning is an important step for healthy, beautiful hair for all hair types. Your regular conditioner is important too, but it’s not enough on its own to combat dry winter air, especially if your hair is chemically processed. Ask your stylist to recommend a treatment for your hair type, and be sure to use it weekly to help strengthen and repair your strands. Want a special treat for your hair? Give a hot oil treatment a try.
Relieve the Tension
Ponytails and buns are simple and easy hairstyles, but tension from hair elastics ultimately leads to hair breakage, something no one wants. That doesn’t mean that you are stuck wearing your hair down all the time. Updos such as French twists and chignons are super chic and require only hairpins which are much gentler on your hair. You can also create lovely loose messy buns with hairpins for a low tension take on your favorite hairstyle.
Stop Fighting Against Nature
Heat styling is nearly unavoidable when you choose hairstyles that don’t work well with your natural hair texture. Because heat is damaging to your hair, it’s best to choose styles that work with your natural texture instead of fighting against it. Ask your stylist for an easy to style haircut that works with your natural hair to minimize the need for heat styling and reduce damage to your strands.
Allow the stylists at Ellie K Salon to help you start the new year off right with a fresh new haircut and incorporate these tips into your hair care routine for healthier hair in the coming year. You’ll find us at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. Give us a call today at 469-476-2400 to book an appointment Or if you prefer, you can use our online booking service. Download our free Google app to manage appointments from your phone.
- Gorgeous Hair Color Trends for Spring
- The Right Tool for the Job- Heat Styling Tools Explained
- Fresh Spring Looks for Guys
- Simple Solutions for Staticky Hair
- 5 Benefits of Hair Extensions
- Benefits of a Professional Blowout
- Hair Care Resolutions for 2021
- Our Salon Quality Products Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Trendy Haircuts for the Holidays
- Elegant Updos for Every Event
- Nutrition Is the Key to Gorgeous Hair
- Sweet Autumn Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Balayage Trends to Inspire Your Autumn Hair Color
- Bridal Hairstyle Trends for Fall Weddings
- Have Someone That's Hard to Shop For? Gift Cards to the Rescue!
- Instantly Add Versatility and Volume with Hair Extensions
- Get Perfect Curls Without Heat
- How to Keep Your Hair Healthy This Summer
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities