Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities
December 23 2018
One of the best go-to hair styles for any formal occasion, including New Years, is the updo. Whether you’re going formal, having a night out on the town, or attending a winter wedding, you can pull off a romantic, fun, or professional look for any occasion. Here’s some of the hottest styles for updo’s this winter.
French Twist ~ The French Twist is created by twisting your hair in an upward motion then securing it with a hair accessory or bling. This is a great style if you have to look professional at work during the day then dress it up with a hot outfit for a formal event or night out.
The Chignon ~ This can be quite a romantic look but it literally means in French, “bun”. However, the type of bun is quite special since it’s worn low on the head, can be worn loose and flowy or tight and formal depending on the occasion. This is a great romantic look for winter weddings, New Year, or for that romantic night with your loved one.
Vintage Looks ~ If you want to make a statement, try a vintage style for the perfect way to get noticed. Think 1940’s Hollywood glam with one-of-a-kind curls and victory rolls. Vintage looks can look great on a day-to-day basis or for that special occasion with the perfect outfit to compliment the hair.
Braids ~ Braids never seem to go out of style. You can always count on them since they come in such a wide variety of styles for any look and all occasions. French Braids, Twisted Braids, Reverse French Braids, or Fishtails are all great braids to help you look fabulous for that winter look.
Beach Waves ~ It may be too cold to hit the beach, but your hair can still sport that loose, flowy look. You can turn your beach waves into an updo by creating a romantic partial updo where the sides are up and the waves flow down the back. If you want a more formal look, try a full updo with some of the waves loosely falling down the sides.
At Ellie K Salon, we have the stylists who can help you achieve the perfect formal updo you’re desiring. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or visit our location at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. We look forward to giving you a formal look that complements your natural beauty.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities