Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
June 29 2020
Now that we’re starting to get out a bit more to enjoy our summer sun, it’s a great time to update or change your look. One of the best ways to make a change is to update your hair color with highlights, lowlights, or babylights. They allow you to create a whole new look without completely changing your natural hair color.
At Ellie K, we use professional Aveda products. Aveda hair color is vibrant, fade-resistant, and is formulated to improve the health of your hair. In fact, 96% of the hair color is naturally derived from plants, non-petroleum minerals, or water.
Select the right color for your skin tone. Choosing the right highlight color for your skin tone is important. The right highlight color can even out your complexion as well as brighten your existing hair color. If you have a warmer skin tone, your undertones are golden and yellow so choose cooler colors for your highlights to brighten and lighten without adding too much warmth. If your skin tone is cool, your undertones are blue and pink. With these, you should choose warmer colors to complement your hair color without making your complexion appear ashen or washed out.
Best highlight shades for dark hair. Mocha, caramel, and chestnut are great to highlight colors for brunettes. Avoid going too light to prevent an unnatural streaky look. Using a couple of different complementing shades will give you added depth and dimension.
Best shades for lighter hair. Perfect colors for highlights in lighter hair include honey, champagne, and platinum. If your hair is very light you may opt for some darker lowlights as well to add even more depth of color.
Highlight shades for redheads. Copper, strawberry blonde, and auburn are excellent choices for highlighting red hair. You could also opt for a deep burgundy or black peekaboo highlights for a daring and eye-catching effect.
At Ellie K Salon, we’ll help you rock the freshest, hottest hair trends all summer long. Book an appointment with our stylists to discuss ideas and get your tresses ready for the season. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Google app.
- Brighten Your Summer with Beautiful Highlights
- Waxing Services Made Easy at Ellie K
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities