Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
January 14 2020
You’ve been washing your hair all life, so you should know how to, right? Not so fast! Anyone can stand under some water while using shampoo and conditioner, but unless you’re smart about the way you clean your hair, showering can end up making it look lackluster. Pay attention to how you shower, and your hair will thank you and bring out the best in haircuts and colors. Here are some ways to tell if you’re doing it the right way or if your showering technique could use a little work.
Healthy hair relies on the way you clean it. Everything from the water temperature to the products you use plays a role in how your hair turns out. You’ve probably heard it a thousand times, but the hotter your shower, the more you likely you are to damage your locks. The first step to showering the right way is keeping water around a lukewarm temperature.
After turning down the heat, it’s time to focus in on the products. Not all shampoos are created equally, and some may even damage your tresses. Find products that actually repair and protect hair instead of leaving it damaged and stripped of its luster.
It’s not all about the water and the products. There are also some other little tricks to get the most out of your shower time. While the old saying tells you to rinse and repeat, you don’t want to overdo it. Go gently over your scalp too. Being too rough as you massage shampoo and conditioner can break strands and irate your scalp.
Showering right is only the start of healthy gorgeous hair. At Ellie K Salon we’ll take care of your hair with exceptional cuts and professional colorists, so you look great. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Amazon and Google apps.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities