5 DIY Hair Masks
April 15 2020
Getting into the salon might be harder than usual right now, but there are still some ways to get creative about hair care at home. Nothing nourishes your tresses quite like a hair mask, and even though there are the store-bought products, they aren’t always your best option, making your own is easy! You can throw together one of these mask recipes with ingredients you have around the house. Your hair will thank you!
Dry Hair Will Drink it Up
For this hair mask, you’ll need honey, an egg, and apple cider vinegar to drench dry hair with some much-needed relief. Combine 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with an egg then spread evenly throughout your mane. Then all you have to do is wait 30-40 minutes before rinsing and ta-da! Hair is silky and hydrated.
Out of Control Frizz and Curls
Even the driest locks will drink up the moisture in this DIY mask. Take ½ cup coconut or olive oil - though if you go for coconut, heat it up a little bit first - and spread evening along the strands. After an hour rinse it out and see how much more manageable frizz and curls are.
Go Bananas for Bright Hair
Try a fruity recipe and have your hair shine all day. You’ll need 1 ripe banana, 1 tablespoon honey, and a single egg. First, peel and freeze the banana so it will create a smoother mask. Blend in the honey and egg then cover hair and sit for 20 minutes before rinsing out.
Let it Grow
A good hair mask is capable of a lot more than just softening hair, mixing up a special recipe can also help add length and encourage growth. Take equal parts cinnamon and coconut oil and massage into your roots. Rinse out in 30-40 minutes. If you apply this mask once a week, it won’t be long until you start to see more length.
A Self Care Must
This recipe is amazing when you want to give your locks some all-around TLC. Add one egg to a bit of yogurt and finish with a teaspoon of honey. Leave the concoction in your hair for 30 minutes. The yogurt will soothe your scalp and calm any inflammation. Sprinkle in a little brown sugar to exfoliate.
At Ellie K Salon, we look after your hair in every way. From trendy cuts to hair color that improves your mane instead of damaging it, indulge your hair in all we have to offer. Book a time with one of our stylists once we reopen, and get healthy and gorgeous tresses. Give us a call at 469-476-2400 or stop by our salon at 2552-1 Stonebrook Parkway Suite 200 Frisco, TX 75034. You can also schedule a time through our online booking and appointments through our Google app.
- Banish Bad Hair Days
- Summer 2020 Hair Trends You Won’t Want to Miss
- Super-Cute Braid Ideas
- 5 DIY Hair Masks
- Hair Colors You Have to Try this Spring
- Our Favorite Curly Hairstyles
- Steal These Styles for Your Hair
- Are You Using the Right Brush for Your Hair?
- Are You Washing Your Hair the Right Way?
- Hair Colors for the New Year
- Add Volume to Thin Hair With These Haircuts
- Make Your Blowout Last With These Tips
- Hairstyles When You Don’t Have the Time to Dry
- Tips for Making Colors Last
- Protecting Hair for Winter
- Add Volume to Your Hair With These Tricks
- The Best Bangs for Your Style
- Boost Your Confidence With Extensions
- Irresistible Styles for Medium Length Hair
- Gorgeous Hairstyle Ideas
- Playful Ways to Shake up a Pixie Cut
- Fight Summer Humidity From Affecting Your Hair
- Try Out a Trendy New Hair Color
- Don’t Just Use Any Dye, Get Exclusive Aveda Hair Color
- The Best Ways to Style Bangs Before a Trim
- Great Styles to Welcome in the Summer
- Making Beauty Beautiful
- Protect Your Hair Color Between Visits
- Cute Summer Hairstyles for Girls
- Create the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Perfect Day
- Enjoy Our Ellie K Salon Mobile App Experience
- Top Men’s Hairstyles for Work & Play
- Balayage: Artistic Highlights for Gorgeous Hair
- Warm Colors to Kick off 2019
- Start off with a Sexy, New Cut to Kick off the Year
- Formal Hair Trends for the Winter Festivities